Select your Title Company
Make sure CAPITOL TITLE is written in the contract as your settlement services provider.
Provide Capitol Title with Settlement Information:
- Copy of the Real Estate Contract
- Name/phone number of Mortgage Company
- Name/phone number of Loan Officer
- Your current address (for pre-settlement correspondence with Capitol Title)
Prepare for Settlement
- Obtain necessary insurance coverage.
For properties other than condominiums, you must have an original homeowner’s insurance policy at settlement with a paid receipt for the first year’s premium. The dwelling coverage must be at least the loan amount. Contact the lender for specific requirements.
- Verify All Lender’s Requirements Have Been Met
Check with your loan officer or lender representative and verify that the lender has all requirements on hand.
- Determine Amount of Funds Necessary to Complete Closing
You must arrange to get your funds due at closing to Capitol Title. For the protection of our clients, all funds due at closing, in excess of $2,500 must be in the form of a WIRE TRANSFER; we cannot accept ACH Fund Transfers or Bank Checks or Cashier Checks, in any amount; and funds up to $2,500 will be accepted as personal check payable to “Capitol Title Insurance Agency, Inc.” For more information, and to receive wire instructions, contact our office.